Keeping your crystals energized and clear are important in ensuring you are receiving the benefits you are looking to achieve. I smudge all pieces prior to shipping and clean all earring posts with alcohol.
Once you recieve your pieces, be careful about bathing/showing with them and for bracelets don't overstretch the elastic band - stretching it over your hands is okay. Excess cold or heat may also impact the elastic band. Remove your pieces before being exposed to chlorine or salt water as these elements can lead to the stones becoming dull and deteriorating more quickly.
To preserve and maintain your hand made pieces, I reccommend the following:
Copper - To naturally clean copper based jewelry:
- Vinegar and Salt - Rub a mixture of 1 tablespoon of table salt and 1 cup of white vinegar onto the copper with a soft cloth and rinse. Or, immerse the tarnished copper into a pot of 3 cups of water and the salt-vinegar mixture, bring to a boil and boil until the grime and tarnish comes off.
- Ketchup - Rub a smlll amount onto tarnished copper to restore its natural luster. Then rinse and dry.
- Lemon - For less fragile copper pieces, cut a lemon in half, add salt to the cut side and rub gently onto the item. You can also make a paste with lemon juice, and equal parts salt and non-oxidized cornstarch or baking soda.
Gemstones/Crystals - In general you can use the following methods to keep your crystals energized and clear of any unwanted energies. For additional and detailed methods, see Healthline:
- Soak. Preferrably in natural salt water, if you're close to the ocean...if not add ½ tsp of sea salt to every cup of alkaline water in a glass bowl and stir
- Smudge. Hold the crystal in your hand and light a bundle of sage or palo santo wood until it smolders
- Sound Off. Place your crystal close to a singing bowl and lightly strike it three times
- Recharge. Under the sun or moon
And as always, feel free to contact me via email or social media if you have any questions or are experiencing any unusual issues.